Monday, November 30, 2009

Dollar Tree Anyone?!

So, my boyfriend and I made a trip to the Dollar Tree and, of course, I stopped by the craft aisle!

I picked up this cute little wooden "LOVE" stand and some craft acrylics.

I don't have a picture of the "LOVE" without paint on it, but this is it after I covered it in red paint:


This is actually the back of the stand



And this is the front

That day I also made a trip to Victoria's Secret and since it's the holidays they have their normal pink tissue paper in the bad as well as one with stripes, this time it's pink and gold. My original plan for the stand was to paint "LOVE" in white and the base, along with the edges, in red.




But the paints I got were really crappy and the white didn't work, so I just painted it red. I decided to "Modge Podge" the tissue paper onto it. The only problem was I didn't have any Modge Podge so I took Elmer's and mixd it with water just to get the tissue paper to stay on there.



This is it with the "V" basically dry and the "L" is drying. Nothing else has tissue paper on it yet.

I also decided to have the "O" be the "odd man out" so I used the pink and gold striped tissue paper for that.

To finish it off, once I got all the tissue paper on, I just painted pure glue over it. Oh, and I applied the glue and the glue-water mixture with those stupid little brushes that come with those types of paint sets.







And it's DONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment